Public Information Office
City News Releases & PSAs - New & Current Year Archives
- 21-015 (122321) - Danger Warning, Unstable Ice Conditions at Valdez Glacier Lake
- 21-014 (110321) - Valdez City Council Extends Local Public Health Mandate 004
- 21-013 (102221) - City and Community Partners Launch COVID-19 E-Newsletter
- 21-012 (102121) - Upcoming Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Events with Capstone
- 21-011 (101521) - All Non-Essential City of Valdez Employees Will Begin Working From Home Oct. 19 for Two Weeks
- 21-010 (082421) - Valdez Police Investigate Alleged Kidnapping, Coercion, and Physical Assault of Valdez Resident
- 21-010 UPDATE (090921): Ashleigh McLennan and Rowdy Anderson were arrested in Anchorage on September 9th. Based off information received earlier this week, Valdez Police alerted the Anchorage Police Department and U.S. Marshals Service to the possible location of both McLennan and Anderson in an Anchorage area residence. At approximately 8:30am on September 9th, the Anchorage Police Department served outstanding warrants on McLennan and Anderson and took both into custody without incident. Additional individuals in the residence were also arrested on unrelated outstanding warrants. McLennan, Anderson, and Bingamon remain in custody in Anchorage area pre-trial facilities.
- 21-009 (082321) - VFD & VPD Respond to Overturned Kayaker in Valdez Glacier Stream
- 21-008 (070821) - VPD Respond to Vehicle Collision Behind KCHU Building
- 21-007 (60921) - Potential Flooding: Ice Dammed Lake Outburst Event
- 21-006 (052821) - Valdez Glacier Lake Ice Danger
- 21-005 (051921) - Dennis Fleming Appointed to Valdez City Council to Fill Vacancy
- 21-004 (040521) - Missing Snowmachine Rider Found Alive Near Valdez Glacier
- 21-003 (040421) - Avoid Valdez Glacier during SAR Operations
- 21-002 (032021) - VPD & VFD Respond to Stabbing at Local Bar
- 21-001 (011521) - Danger Warning, Unstable Ice Conditions at Valdez Glacier Lake
Connect with Us!
- Free City Alerts(Subscription based services: Receive alerts by text message or email)
- NIXLE Emergency Alerts
- City News Notifications
- Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Service Notifications (managed by PRCS Department)
- Project Bid Announcements (managed by Capital Facilities Department)
Requirements for Filming in Valdez
More information coming soon.
Allie Ferko, city public information officer
Office: (907) 834-3468
Cell: (907) 202-0711
Please see the COVID-19 page for additional COVID related information.