2021 Business Trick-or-Treat
Valdez Parks & Recreation is excited to coordinate the 2021 Business Trick-or-Treat!
This year's event is scheduled to take place on Friday, October 29th from 3:00 - 5:00PM.
Register to be a participating business! Business registration closes on Wednesday, October 27.
The map of participating businesses will be published on this webpage, as well as on our Facebook page, on Thursday, October 28th.
Please be COVID Conscious!
We highly encourage businesses and community members participating in this year's event to follow our recommended guidelines. Our goal is to provide a fun and safe event the entire community will enjoy.
- Consider setting up decorations and candy stations outdoors, in a location where social distancing can be maintained.
- It may be helpful to establish a 'line' using social distancing markers, spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Try displaying pre-packaged treats in a manner that encourages participants to only touch what they intend to take.
- Highly encourage staff and/or volunteers to wear a face mask or cloth face covering, which covers the mouth and nose.
- Keep hand sanitizer available for use by staff, volunteers and participants.
- Consider handing out items, other than candy! (small toys, pencils, glow sticks, hand warmers, etc., all make for wonderful "treats"!)
- Maintain 6 feet distance from those outside your household.
- Please only touch candy/treats you intend to take.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering in communal spaces where social distancing may be difficult to maintain.
- Bring along hand sanitizer and sanitize hands often.
- Please do not participate if you or your child(ren) are experiencing even mild symptoms of illness.
- Only visit businesses who are listed on the Participating Business Map. Some businesses may be unable to participate due to restrictions or lack of available resources.
- Please wear your masks in businesses who request masks be worn.
For additional information on how to keep you and your families safe from COVID-19, please visit www.valdezak.gov/covid-19.
If you do not currently have a mask available to use, please reach out to us. We will happily direct you to local resources. High-risk individuals and those who are unable to wear a face mask due to medical reasons are encouraged to follow stay-at-home guidance.
Thank you for doing your part to allow for a festive and safe celebration!
Questions may be directed to Krystal Moulton, Recreation Coordinator, at email@example.com or by calling (907)835-4526 Ext 1.