Valdez COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
Valdez Unified Command continues to closely monitor the progress of COVID-19 vaccine development. Multiple types of vaccine are being tested and submitted for authorization.
COVID-19 Vaccine in Alaska
Image courtesy of Alaska DHSS. Image is for illustrative purposes only. Visit covidvax.alaska.gov to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccine in Valdez
- Vaccine distribution for Phase 1A - Tier 3 in Valdez began Jan. 4th and will continue into February 2021.
- Vaccine distribution for Phase 1B - Tier 1 begins Jan. 12th.
Volunteers Needed for Valdez COVID-19 Vaccination Point of Dispensing (POD) Clinics
All skill levels welcome!
The following volunteers are needed to help with upcoming Valdez vaccination clinics:
- Registration Personnel - Help patients complete registration, collect completed paperwork, and check patients out of the clinic once they are finished.
- General Logistics - Help set-up/pack-up the clinic location, direct patients through the clinic stations, move supplies between stations, and help with monitoring patients post-vaccination.
- Medically Trained/Licensed Personnel - Help triage patients, administer vaccinations, and monitor patients post-vaccination.
If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming clinic, please reach out to the Valdez Unified Command volunteer coordinator, Rhea Cragun at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.834.3416.